Elevator/Escalator question

Does anyone know if any of the elevator/escalator
manufacturers make available (free of charge) a
summary of the pertinent portions of ASME A17.1 that
would of use to structural engineers.  I am looking
for a summary all information structural engineers
must be aware of for designing structural framing
supporting elevators and escalators (and I'd like not
to have to shell out $175 for the ASME publication.)

TIA,

Cliff Schwinger