Re: Elevator/Escalator question

	Cliff,
		I just had Otis send me their version of the pertinent
sections of the ASME elevator traction machine room floor requirements. I
can fax or email them to you if you like. They were shocked that I had used
ASCE 7's 150 psf LL for the entire machine room instead of the actual loads
+ 125 psf per ASME. I emailed ASCE and ASME, suggesting that they coordinate
their documents. Maybe they already have in the new ASCE 7 version. My
design was conservative and Otis has been very helpful and cordial.
	Jim Getaz
	jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com