Re: Log Construction questions

Thanks, Tom.  I've jumped over and look at the website and will (but have not yet) contacted Dr. Gorman.

-- john.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Skaggs
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:38 AM
Subject: RE: Log Construction questions

Dr. Thomas Gorman at University of Idaho has done cyclic racking tests on log home wall segments.  He presented his research last summer at the Forest Products Society Meeting in Madison, WI.  I didn't look very hard, but I couldn't find an electronic copy of the work on the web (U. Idaho's website).  Below is a link to his webpage:

HTH,
Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer