RE: Simplified Seismic Design Trends

>With buildings, we DO know how they will perform without knowing the loads.
>At least the normal gravity, wind and seismic loads.
I seem to have misunderstood your comment about becoming loads engineers
instead of building designers. Isn't the whole object of structural
engineering pretty much wrapped up in the assessment of loads and how
they're carried? How can we not be predominantly concerned with loading?

My whole viewpoint of the topic comes from an ASD background, and in my
business, working stress under service loading will probably always be
the norm, so maybe I didn't get your point.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw