Re:HSS Design Spec

You might want to check out "Tubular Steel Structures" by M. S. Troitsky,
available from the James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation
(https://ssl.lincolnelectric.com/foundation/item.asp?prodnum=TS).  If I
recall correctly, this is based on ASD.

--Kipp Martin, S. E.
  MWH Americas
  Portland, Oregon

Seth Cutler wrote:

I don't think this has been covered but the building I'm working has all
HSS columns and braces.  I'm designing using 1989 ASD with the current
seismic provisions and was wondering what was out there for designing these

members and connections.

Just doing a brief search I found these two manuals:

1.  Hollow Structural Sections Connections Manual
2.  Specification for the Design of Steel Hollow Structural Sections,
November 10, 2000

but both are only for LRFD.  Is there anything else out there that I could
use to apply to ASD design?  Or any other references you might recommend?

I'm thinking about at least purchasing the connections manual because that
shouldn't be too different?  Maybe there is some ASD info in there as well?

Thanks

Seth W. Cutler
R. L. Morrison Engineering Co.