Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Gage Metal HSS

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
>A fabricator
>proposed to use some HSS 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 11ga. on a
Make absolutely sure the guy is supplying structural tube, not what I've 
always hear referred to as 'furniture' tube. If you need A-500 tube, I'm 
sure that special ticknesses can be made, but you 're looking at mill run 
quantities. I get this sometimes from fabricators who don't realize that 
structural tube and mechanical tubing are different beasts.

Christopher Wright P.E.    |"They couldn't hit an elephant at
chrisw(--nospam--at)        | this distance"   (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********