Re: Gage Metal HSS

>A fabricator
>proposed to use some HSS 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 11ga. on a
>project.
Make absolutely sure the guy is supplying structural tube, not what I've
always hear referred to as 'furniture' tube. If you need A-500 tube, I'm
sure that special ticknesses can be made, but you 're looking at mill run
quantities. I get this sometimes from fabricators who don't realize that
structural tube and mechanical tubing are different beasts.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw