Monorail Design

>>> I once talked to a monorail hoist rep that had some standard steel table giving the bottom flange maximum capacities for S and W shapes. This sheet was based on a typical trolley on these sections used as monorails. Does any one know where to get this or have any suggestions? Thanks,  Mark Seifried, EIT<<<

Mark.

Makes sense that there ought to be something like this, but I haven't seen it.  CMAA 74 (Crane Manufacturer's Association of America) has formulas for determining the stress in the bottom flange for a wheel load on W and S shapes.  It seems that the formulas could be tabulated as typical monorail beams if the crane manufacturers wanted to.

Carl Sramek
Los Alamitos, CA