Re: Monorail Design

I have seen a publication similar to the one described, which tabulates maximum bottom flange loads for various beam sizes.  It was published by Acco (Cranes), though at some point I tried unsuccessfully to find another copy.  Perhaps that would be a lead.  A reference I have used for hand calculation of bottom flange bending due to concentrated loads is Formulas for Stress and Strain, Roark and Young, the article on 'Beams of relatively great width' (Article 7.11 in my old 5th Edition).

Hope it helps,

Jim Carey, P.E.