Using aisc_search.dll in Visual Basic for Applications

Title: Using aisc_search.dll in Visual Basic for Applications

Those of you who do some Visual Basic (or other language) programming may have noticed that the CD-ROM that came with the LRFD 3rd Edition steel manual contains a file named "aisc_search.dll" that allows you to retrieve steel shape properties.  I have been trying to incorporate this into an Excel spreadsheet using VBA, so I can pull properties from the .dll, rather than a lookup table in the workbook, as I have done in the past.  I thought the process for doing this looked fairly straightforward, but I haven't been able to make it work yet.  Is there anyone out there who has successfully been able to do this?

Thanks.

-- Joel

Joel Adair, PE
Halff Associates, Inc.