RE: Using aisc_search.dll in Visual Basic for Applications

Title: Using aisc_search.dll in Visual Basic for Applications

Wasn’t there some kind of brew-ha-ha recently by AISC concerning the fact that the section properties are not public domain or something like that. Maybe that is why you are having problems?

-----Original Message-----
From: Adair, Joel [mailto:JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 12:41 PM
To: SEAINT List (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)
Subject: Using aisc_search.dll in Visual Basic for Applications

Those of you who do some Visual Basic (or other language) programming may have noticed that the CD-ROM that came with the LRFD 3rd Edition steel manual contains a file named "aisc_search.dll" that allows you to retrieve steel shape properties.  I have been trying to incorporate this into an Excel spreadsheet using VBA, so I can pull properties from the .dll, rather than a lookup table in the workbook, as I have done in the past.  I thought the process for doing this looked fairly straightforward, but I haven't been able to make it work yet.  Is there anyone out there who has successfully been able to do this?

Thanks.

-- Joel

Joel Adair, PE
Halff Associates, Inc.