Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OCBF Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: OCBF Connections
- From: "Dan Hernandez" <dhernandez(--nospam--at)lrpc.net>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:33:29 -0400
I need help. I'm a little confused about how to design brace connections. According to AISC Seismic Provisions (1997) Supplement No.2 Part 1, Section 14.2 it states that " The required strength of the members and connections, other than brace connections, in OCBFs shall be based upon Load Combinations 4-1 and 4-2. ..." The 2002 commentary to AISC Seismic Provisions define brace connections as brace to gusset, gusset to beam and gusset to column. How am I to design the beam to column connection? If I'm to use the uniform force method then the force in the brace affects the beam to column connection design force. Am I missing something? I thought the brace connection included the beam to column connection.
Thanks in advance,
Dan Hernandez, P.E.
Laurene & Rickher, P.C.
(704) 522-0499 f
- Prev by Subject: RE: OCBF
- Next by Subject: Oil Drilling Pipe
- Previous by thread: Re: Columns exposed to lateral loads
- Next by thread: Wind Question