STEEL DESIGN REFERENCE

Hi there,
I am sure many of you are familiar with the book "Design of Wood Structures - ASD" written by Donald Breyer. I think it is a very good book covering all aspects of wood design in a clear, simple and complete manner. I hope you agree.

I am looking for a similar publication for steel structures. One that does not only focus on the formulae of steel design only, but also in the loads applied, common design assumptions, common design criteria, general structuring (geometry) techniques for different kinds of steel structures, etc.

I don't know if I explained myself, but I'm looking for a book to read page by page. I can always go to the AISC Manual if I need specific steel design codes or specs.

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,

Juan Jo