Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
New concrete SOG on existing SOG[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: New concrete SOG on existing SOG
- From: "Bill Marczewski" <bill(--nospam--at)bsmstructural.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:33:40 -0700
I’ve been asked to design a (N) new concrete SOG foundation for a pre-eng. Metal building. The site contains an existing warehouse with an (E) existing concrete SOG. The owner wants to raise (E) SOG a total of 9” via (N) SOG, to be level with an adjacent building. What are the lists thoughts on pouring a structural overlay slab on existing, should any sand layer be present between new and existing slab? Owner doesn’t particularly want to pour 9” of concrete if something of a compacted road base between layers could be used. I’m not familiar with doing this. I’ll continue my research but would like to hear some of the rules of thumb for pouring such a slab. Thank you.
Bill S. Marczewski, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Nevada Structural Engineer
- Next by Subject: RE: New concrete SOG on existing SOG
- Previous by thread: RE: STEEL DESIGN REFERENCE
- Next by thread: RE: New concrete SOG on existing SOG