From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 10:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STEEL DESIGN REFERENCE

Hi there,
I am sure many of you are familiar with the book "Design of Wood Structures
- ASD" written by Donald Breyer. I think it is a very good book covering all

aspects of wood design in a clear, simple and complete manner. I hope you
agree.

I am looking for a similar publication for steel structures. One that does
not only focus on the formulae of steel design only, but also in the loads
applied, common design assumptions, common design criteria, general
structuring (geometry) techniques for different kinds of steel structures,
etc.

I don't know if I explained myself, but I'm looking for a book to read page
by page. I can always go to the AISC Manual if I need specific steel design
codes or specs.

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,

Juan Jo