STEEL DESIGN REFERENCE

Juan,

I like Gaylord, Gaylord & Stallmeyer's "Design of Steel Structures," Third
Edition published by McGraw-Hill.  It discusses in parallel ASD and LRFD
steel design and incorporates "Design Plates" that show actual hand
calculations.  It runs about US$100, so check it out at your university
library first.  (Amazon reports that it is out of print, but they have 13 new
and used copies starting at about US$17.00)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Juan José wrote:

. > Hi there,

. > I am sure many of you are familiar with the book "Design of Wood
. > Structures - ASD" written by Donald Breyer. I think it is a very good
. > book covering all aspects of wood design in a clear, simple and complete
. > manner. I hope you agree.

. > I am looking for a similar publication for steel structures. One that
. > does not only focus on the formulae of steel design only, but also in the
. > loads applied, common design assumptions, common design criteria, general
. > structuring (geometry) techniques for different kinds of steel
. > structures, etc.

. > I don't know if I explained myself, but I'm looking for a book to read
. > page by page. I can always go to the AISC Manual if I need specific steel
. > design codes or specs.

. > Thank you for your kind help.

. > Best regards,

. > Juan Jo