From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 9:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STEEL DESIGN REFERENCE

Hi there,
I am sure many of you are familiar with the book "Design of Wood
Structures
- ASD" written by Donald Breyer. I think it is a very good book covering
all
aspects of wood design in a clear, simple and complete manner. I hope
you
agree.

I am looking for a similar publication for steel structures. One that
does
not only focus on the formulae of steel design only, but also in the
loads
applied, common design assumptions, common design criteria, general
structuring (geometry) techniques for different kinds of steel
structures,
etc.

I don't know if I explained myself, but I'm looking for a book to read
page
by page. I can always go to the AISC Manual if I need specific steel
design
codes or specs.

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,