From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:11 AM
To: 'SEAINT Listserv'
Subject: Structural Properties of Teak?

I only design wood structures about every ten years or so.  Nevertheless, I have recently been asked to design a small project in teak.  It's a good thing that the project is small, because teak costs about $20 per board-foot!  I looked in my electronic version of the 1997 NDS supplement but could not find any structural values for teak.  Can anyone out there provide some useful information on teak?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.

Dallas, Texas

Go Mavericks, clobber the Spurs !!