OCBF

I need help. I'm a little confused about how to design brace connections. According to AISC Seismic Provisions (1997) Supplement No.2 Part 1, Section 14.2 it states that " The required strength of the members and connections, other than brace connections, in OCBFs shall be based upon Load Combinations 4-1 and 4-2. ..."  The 2002 commentary to AISC Seismic Provisions define brace connections as brace to gusset, gusset to beam and gusset to column. How am I to design the beam to column connection? If I'm to use the uniform force method then the force in the brace affects the beam to column connection design force. Am I missing something? I thought the brace connection included the beam to column connection.

Thanks in advance,

Dan Hernandez, P.E.
Laurene & Rickher, P.C.
(704) 522-0495