Wood "Nailed" Moment Connection

Eric, I didn't have the original question someone else on the list asked it (you responded to my response of the original question). When you say a two pinned arch I assume you mean that the rafter to top plate connection will resist the lateral thrust created by the arch. In which case there can be a discontinuity at the ridge and still be stable. Therefore you don't have to design the ridge coonection to resist flexure. However something has to resist the lateral thrust force. usually a stud wall bending about its weak axis will not adequately resist this force. A roof diaphragm strung between two shear walls can provide this lateral resistance. This may be something that our friend who asked the question might want to check into.