Re: CA stamp/wet stamp/dry stamp/state's

Gail Kelley wrote:

. > Re: wet stamping.  My understanding is that you have an original signed
. > document  (not a copy),  not necessarily embossed.  When you (or more
. > exactly, I) submit plans to DC for example, I need to sign each set.  I
. > cannot sign a set, and then make copies. Some agencies require things
. > like contracts to be signed in blue pen, so that it is obvious it is not
. > a copy.

. > Although this is a pain,  I don't necessarily think it is a bad idea.  I
. > had a job recently where the contractor (who was required to submit PE
. > stamped shop drawings)  simply cut the signed (but undated) stamp off of
. > the first submittal and xeroxed it onto all their subsequent submittals.

Different strokes for different states.  Arizona requires the *original* be
sealed!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona