Shear Tab Connections

I once saw some steel construction (in Arizona) where the steel fabricator used shear tabs with a full single row of bolts nearest the support and an additional row of say two bolts (one top and one bottom). I assume he did this at the direction of the engineer to achieve the required reaction capacity without having to extend the web (for a single row) or go to double clip angles.

Are there any shear tab connection tables available (with short slotted holes) for this type of connection?

Jim K.