Re: Basic CMU design (was Fireproof partitions)

Eugene,

This doesn't answer your question, but given the contraints you mention in
your e-mail, you may want to look at a post-tensioned CMU wall.  DUR-O-WAL
makes a system where the anchorages can be cast flush into the concrete at
the base of the wall and then the tendons can be threaded into the
anchorages when the wall is constructed.  I designed an 11 ft. tall noise
wall in Colorado with the system and it has some advantages.  No financial
interest, etc.

Regards,

Dave Woodham, P.E.
Atkinson-Noland & Assoc.