Re: Basic CMU design (was Fireproof partitions)

I figured there was an ACI spec on masonry.  Hmm, I doubt anybody in the
office will have a copy though.  As you may be able to tell, we don't
design in CMU on a regular basis.  Thanks for the help though.  I
appreciate it.

-Eugene

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Jordan         |
|         |           Truesdell, P.E."|
|         |           <jordan@truesdel|
|         |           l.org>          |
|         |                           |
|         |           05/28/2003 06:02|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to seaint       |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |        To:      <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>                                                                            |
  |        cc:                                                                                                     |
  |        Subject: Re: Basic CMU design (was Fireproof partitions)                                                |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Check ACI 530 for minimum reinforcement - I believe minimums are predicated

upon seismic zone. Have you considered epoxying the vertical bars into the
slab-footing as the masons begin work? Take a look at Hilti HY-150;
Ultimate bond strength exceeds #5 60ksi yield at about 7-1/2" embed. You
might want to check your concrete allowable on a conical shear surface to
make sure the concrete won't fail.
Jordan

>How about CMU?

and

>located.  In the past, we have used Durock cement board (wonderboard).
The