Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
seismic - site classification[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: seismic - site classification
- From: "brian stanley" <bstanley(--nospam--at)morabitoconsultants.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 06:58:03 -0400
Title: seismic - site classification
When determining the appropriate site classification, is the type of foundation system considered or important. Table 1615.1.1 (IBC 2000) is used for the average properties of the top 100 ft. What happens if the foundation system is piles (end bearing) which extend down to 75ft. At that elevation, the average soil properties are quite different. Any thoughts.
Brian Stanley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: SEI/ASCE 7-02 Wind Loads
- Next by Subject: Re: seismic - site classification
- Previous by thread: Re: Basic CMU design (was Fireproof part
- Next by thread: Re: seismic - site classification