Stone Buildings

I’m attempting to fill in my knowledge gap regarding stone masonry buildings, particularly with regard to lateral strengthening techniques.

A quick review of FEMA356 suggests there may not be much in the way of “prestandard” recommendations and I certainly can appreciate the limited knowledge about these kinds of structures however I’d like to pursue any efforts in this direction.

My search of EERI Spectra documents lead to some work/research in a 1994 paper on Italian methods which was interesting and leads me to believe more has been done since then.

Any suggestions as to where I might look further?

Barry H. Welliver