Re: WWF in slabs on form deck

Well since it's there for shrinkage cracking, ask youself this: Do you care if your slab cracks a bit more than normal? The answer is depends on your finish surface. If you're putting down a flooring material through which the cracks will telegraph (tile, terrazzo) you'd better use the heavier mesh. If you expect vinyl, carpet, wood, or other resilient flooring, it may not be worth the extra expense. If you're putting in a 3" slab, it's certainly not a high dollar project, and your finishes probably won't be hard surface.

If you're worried about spaces over support beams (moment cracking rather than T/S), add some #3s perp to the beam, a devel. length each side of the flange.

Jordan