RE: WWF in slabs on form deck

I'm not necessarily arguing that the code minimums should be ignored, just that sometimes it doesn't justify doubling or tripling the reinforcing cost. I come from a high-end retirement community background, where the structure cost doesn't really come into play much. Stiff composite floors are standard, and appearance sells units. I always spec ACI minimums or better in those cases. However I've seen it done both ways. Besides, you're not eliminating cracks in the floors - and I'm sure you know that - you're simply limiting cracks. The questions is where is your threshold.