wood designers only

CUREE-Caltech Woodframe Project Outreach Seminar for SEAONC
Thursday, June 12 & 19, 2003
They are reaching out for $200 and $300 a head.

Any one care to go and sell to others, on the net, what happened? Say $20 a
head?

I am mostly concerned about the presentation creating trends that will not
be available to most engineers. (these are the wood designers that are not
near SF and $200 is a big deal, I suspect that most of them are not members
of SEAONC so $300)

Dennis Wish has a better list than this but these are my current concerns.

   *rigid diaphragm
   *omega factor
   *incompatibility of windows and finishes with the flexibility of wood
   *non-shear walls with unintended overturning forces that overstress
support joists
   *what is a reliable failure shear of gyp-board that is not used as a
shear wall?
   *Is it conclusive that gyp-board shear strength is as it should be in the
code?
   *should gyp-board shear walls be avoided or is the non-linear behavior
better than given credit for?

Will there be any comment on reducing base shear per a dynamic period
evaluation using plywood deflections?

Why can't presentations be made, available, cheaply or free on the net?

David Merrick, SE
Sacramento