From: CHRIS BOWERS [mailto:BOWERC(--nospam--at)lrkimball.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 7:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: WWF in slabs on form deck

I was wondering how others feel about the amount of WWF required in
slabs on metal form deck?  Take for example a 3" slab on 9/16" form
deck-if you look at the ACI criteria, 6.0x6.0x1.4x1.4 does not provide
enough area for temperature and shrinkage, you would need to go to the
2.9.  In talking to the engineer I work under, he has never had a
problem in the 18 years he has practiced with the 1.4.  I also called
another engineer at a metal deck provider and he said he has seen the
1.4 for over 40 years.  I am just trying to gauge how others feel about
this.  Thanks to all in advance for any help.

Chris Bowers, EIT
A/E Building Systems - Structures
L. Robert Kimball and Associates
Ebensburg, PA
Phone:814-472-7700 xtn.350
Fax:814-472-7712
E-mail:bowerc(--nospam--at)lrkimball.com

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

it from your computer.