From: Chris Roper [mailto:christophermroper(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 6:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners

I think you guys are off the mark here.  I always thought that this was
intended to apply to frame buildings where a column was part of frames
in
both orthogonal directions.  It seems silly to apply this to a corner
post
or column in a wood framed structure.  Besides, how much axial load
could
the corner post or stud be carrying in typical conditions?