RE: bridge crane system design example

Igor,

I will assume that you are talking about the design of crane runway systems and supporting structures so....the following are some of my initial thoughts on good resource information:

1.  AISC - Steel Design Guide Series 7 - Industrial Buildings - Roofs to Column Anchorage - by James Fisher

You will also find helpful information in:

1.  AISE 13 - Specification for the Design and Construction of Mill Buildings
2.  CMAA 70 - Specifications for Top Running/Gantry Bridge Cranes
3.  Crane Runway Systems  - by John C. Rowswell
4.  AISC Engineering Journel - Tips for Avoiding Crane Runway Problems - David T. Ricker

Hope these help.

Regards,

_______________________________ITAC

John T. Whitty, P.E.
ITAC Business and Project Development
Sr. Project Manager
13203 N. Enon Church Road - Suite 200
Chester VA 23836

(804)414-1100 Main
(804)414-1132 Direct
(413)643-5912 Fax
(804)539-1234 Cell
(804)905-2781 Pager
jwhitty(--nospam--at)itac-net.com

 Celebrating 15 Years of Service!

A 2002 Rising 25 Finalist!

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.