Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:38:39 EDT
It was first introduced by Simpson Strong-Tie Co. The holdown sits flush on the sill plate and connects to the post with screws that are provide with the holdown. You can also buy the screws separately. The screws are 1/4 " dia. x 3." They others sizes. Gone are the problems of overdrilled holes covered up by the holdown itself and the deflection of wall before post engages as Tim alluded too.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners
- Previous by thread: RE: Wood Construction Holdowns at Corners
- Next by thread: Re: Basic CMU design (was Fireproof part