RE: Corridor loading

I'm actually using UBC 97 but I'll take a look to see what is required for designating it.  When you say your drawings, I'm assuming you mean the structural plans.  Do I need to designate partition loading as well?  It is considered a dead load so I'm guessing not.

FYI:  My loads are as follows:

Office:  20 psf partition (dead) , 50 psf Live
Manuf:  75 psf Live
Corridor:  100psf Live  (I can't imagine posting this at the exit paths)

At 03:00 PM 6/2/2003, you wrote:

>>>I also have some floors that have manufacturing, office, and corridor loading on the same floor.  Do I need to show on my plan which areas are designed for which loading?

Not sure what code you're in, but take a look at IBC 2000 Sections 1603.3 and 1603.4 - They are particularly poorly worded, but they require that your drawings show which areas are designed for what live load, and that signs be posted in the building anywhere that the live load designed for is greater than 50 psf.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org