Re: Temperature Controlled Concrete

Abhay,

You may need to explain your question a little further.  I assume that you are talking about temperature control of concrete for hot weather situations.  If that is the case then you can find information in ACI 305R-99, "Hot Weather Concreting".

In general, when you have very hot weather it is good practice to keep the initial temperature of the wet concrete as low as practical.  This can be accomplished by incorporating the following items:

1.  Use shaved/crushed ice or chilled water in the concrete mix.
2.  Use shade canopies or screens on the cement silos.
3.  Use shade canopies, shade screens, and/or fog spray water on the aggregate piles.
4.  Use sun shade walls next to the placed concrete and only pour in the early morning or evening
      (or better yet pour in the middle of the night)
5.  Paint the cement silos and the concrete truck hoppers white.
6.  Fog spray water during the curing of the concrete.

Hope this helps,

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Abhay Chauhan" <abhay_the_best(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>

06/04/2003 05:19 AM
Please respond to seaint