RE: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

According to the new OSHA sub part R,

§ 1926.755 Column anchorage.
(a)	General requirements for erection stability.
(1) All columns shall be anchored by a minimum of 4 anchor rods (anchor
bolts).
(2) Each column anchor rod (anchor bolt) assembly, including the
column-to-base plate weld and the column foundation, shall be designed to
resist a minimum eccentric gravity load of 300 pounds (136.2 kg) located 18
inches (.46m) from the extreme outer face of the column in each direction at
the top of the column shaft.
(3) Columns shall be set on level finished floors, pre-grouted leveling
plates, leveling nuts, or shim packs which are adequate to transfer the
construction loads.
(4) All columns shall be evaluated by a competent person to determine
whether guying or bracing is needed; if guying or bracing is needed, it
shall be installed.

Argan Johnson Jr. P.E.
The STAR Group/STAR SEISMIC
Makers Buckling Restrained Braces