Re: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

My understanding of the 300# at 18" requirement (at anytime after the column has been erected, no allowance for chem anchor cure) is in case an ironworker decides to climb an un-guyed or un-propped column.  I recall a situation where an ironworker went up a column that had been recently epoxy anchored.  The epoxy was not completely cured & the column fell severely injuring the ironworker.

Bob

Seth W. Cutler wrote:
By my understanding, it doesn't matter where the bolts are located as long as they can resist the eccentric load of 300# at the top of the column.  I think the numbers were 300#, 18" from the outside face of the column in each direction.