Re: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

Yes, you can.  However, please keep in mind the column end condition assumed in the design.  If you assumed a fixed end condition at the base plate, the size and spacing of anchor bolts and the plate thickness should be designed for the column moment at its base.

Rajendran

richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com> wrote:
I have a question concerning OSHA 4 bolt column anchors. I have a W14x34
column as part of a small rigid frame. I can fit all 4 bolts inside the
column flanges. Is that allowed, or do the bolts have to be outside the
column flanges?

Thanks

Rich

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!