Re: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

This rule applies to a stand-alone column. It may not apply for a column which is a part of a rigid frame. A load applied on a frame will be shared by all the columns of the frame. The nature of base plate forces will be consistent with the base plate detail.

Rajendran

"Seth W. Cutler" <seth(--nospam--at)rlmorrisonengr.com> wrote:
By my understanding, it doesn't matter where the bolts are located as long as they can resist the eccentric load of 300# at the top of the column.  I think the numbers were 300#, 18" from the outside face of the column in each direction.