grouting requirements for fire resistant

The UBC gives the fire resistive periods for cmu in terms of "equivalent
solid thickness," which is a nebulous term at best and, as far as I can
determine, is undefined.  From tables I have seen, the "equivalent solid
thickness" for fire resistive periods is not related to the solid area of the
cmu, smearing the web area, or anything else.

I would suggest contacting NCMA on this subject.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

E. Suk wrote:

. > Hello,

. > I was wondering were I could find a codified requirement for grout (fully
. > grouted or not) for a fire resistant CMU wall.  The wall is a non
. > loadbearing, external partition.  Thanks