RE: Tapered Steel Beam

	Bill,
		You ask, "Does anybody else on the list have recommendations
for material selection of
roof beams covering swimming pools?  Thanks."
		We've made some pool covers with 48" deep precast concrete
Tee sections that span 100' or more. Be careful of the crack width under
full load - the prestressing strand will not react any better to the
chlorine than Roger's PEMB beams did.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia