RE: Tapered Steel Beam Coating

Bill,

I have not had to deal with this specific situation before but in rather nasty industrial applications I have specified hot dip galvanizing and then coated the galvanizing with two coats of 100% solids coal tar epoxy.  Other paint systems may do but be aware that certain paint types are not compatible with galvanized metal.  Also note that depending on the age of the galvanizing you may have to provide special surface treatment per ASTM D6386.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Bill Marczewski" <bill(--nospam--at)bsmstructural.com>

06/05/2003 03:28 PM
Please respond to seaint