RE: grouting requirements for fire resistant CMU

For the UBC, 97 Edition, see Table 7-B but especially look at footnotes 2,
11 and 12.  This will refer you to a UBC Standard that has all of the nitty
gritty in it.

The IBC seems to be different and I am not familiar with it.  It appears to
be more simple but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jim Persing