RE: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

This is the OSHA Code
A post is different unless it is a safety device.

§ 1926.755 Column anchorage.
(a)	General requirements for erection stability.
(1) All columns shall be anchored by a minimum of 4 anchor rods (anchor
bolts).
(2) Each column anchor rod (anchor bolt) assembly, including the
column-to-base plate weld and the column foundation, shall be designed to
resist a minimum eccentric gravity load of 300 pounds (136.2 kg) located 18
inches (.46m) from the extreme outer face of the column in each direction at
the top of the column shaft.
(3) Columns shall be set on level finished floors, pre-grouted leveling
plates, leveling nuts, or shim packs which are adequate to transfer the
construction loads.
(4) All columns shall be evaluated by a competent person to determine
whether guying or bracing is needed; if guying or bracing is needed, it
shall be installed.
(b) Repair, replacement or field modification of anchor rods (anchor bolts).

(1) Anchor rods (anchor bolts) shall not be repaired, replaced or
field-modified without the approval of the project structural engineer of
record.
(2) Prior to the erection of a column, the controlling contractor shall
provide written notification to the steel erector if there has been any
repair, replacement or modification of the anchor rods (anchor bolts) of
that column.

Argan Johnson Jr. P.E.
The STAR Group/STAR SEISMIC
Makers Buckling Restrained Braces