RE: Column Anchor Bolt Placement

It is not just the contractor's responsibility to comply with OSHA - it is a
joint responsibility. The contractor cannot be expected to change the
engineer's base plate design and foundation details to accommodate 4 bolts
in lieu of 2 bolts - the engineer should provide an appropriate base plate
detail to avoid a re-design to meet OSHA.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236