Re: Exterior elements

Hi,

I need your opinions regarding the code application of section 1633.2.4.2 of
the 1997 UBC, Exterior elements.

Is a light of glass that is captured in an aluminum frame considered an
exterior element?  If so, how are the connection requirements in this
section of the code applied to this piece of glass that is basically
"floating in its frame"?

Thanks,

Jim Sadler, SE
Jasco Pacific, Inc.