From: CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Life Line Reference

I received an inquiry today from a steel fabricator regarding criteria for installation of a life line cable around the perimeter of upper level floors. He's proposing use of an eyebolt spaced along the steel spandrel beams at each floor. The eyebolts will support the cable life line to which the workers can attach their safety harnesses. Are industry standards (OSHA?) available that provide guidance or criteria for this situation?

TIA,
Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD