Eccentricity in Single plate shear connections.

Consider a Steel beam connected to the flange or web
of a column using a single shear plate.

While determining the number of bolts required, the
eccentricity must be taken into account.
This is understandable.

I would like to believe the eccentricity must be
measured between the bolt line and the weld line.
This would normally be about 2 1/2 " or thereabouts.

But the Aisc Ninth edition Vol I in the chapter on
Single plate shear Connections, instructs us to
consider eccentricity  based on the number of rows of
bolts. (n x 1 inches) (See page 4-52)

What has the number of rows of bolts got to do with
eccentricity?

In deep beams we may provide 9 or 10 rows of bolts.
Must we consider 9" or 10" eccentricity ? Even if the
shear plate is only about 4" wide?

Any opinions or advice is welcome.
Charlie, are you there?

Regards