BOLT TORQUE/TENSION RELATIONSHIP

Hi!

1.  I need to tension an ASTM A490 bolt to a certain value (somewhat of a hypothetical question).  I need to calculate the torque required to achieve this tension.  Could someone tell me how to calculate the torque?

2.  Do I need to worry about pre-tension?  If yes, will pre-tension need to be considered in the equation in item 1 above for calculating the torque?

Thanks for your help!

Do you Yahoo!?