Re: Matrix Stiffness Method with Spreadsheets

>I'm tired of the inefficiency of transferring data back and forth
>between my FEA program (RISA) and Excel.
Have you trried automating functions with macros? I routinely pull FEA
results into Excel workbooks and I have a set of macros for formatting
specific results and doing summaries. If you're re4ally interested in a
project, I suspect you can write routines in RealBasic or Visual Basic to
query your test files or even read scratch file, but it's a lot of work.
And yes, you can do matrix operations in Excel. The docs explain it all.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw