Re: Lateral Load on Pile Program

The geotech doesn't have this program and has asked me if I did and would I run the analysis for him.

He told me the FDOT program is the "Modified Broms Method"  He said that was good for preliminary design but not for final design.  I guess the drilled pier he has goes through several strata of soil and the FDOT program assumes one soil type.

Rich

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:43:57 -0400 "M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net> writes:

I would think the geotech would have LPILE or something similar available.  FDOT has some free software available.

M. David Finley, P.E.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL  32025
386-752-6400
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: Lateral Load on Pile Program

Has anybody had experience using the COM624P software developed by FHWA?  I have a geotech engineer who needs moments and shears on a laterally loaded pile and I was wondering if this program has worked well for others.  It is a lot cheaper than LPILE but as the old adage goes, "you get what you pay for".  Anybody like the program?  Or are there better programs available?

Thanks.

Rich